Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Larkspur


Ah, Larkspur, a favorite in the ferret communities I'm part of on LJ.
He is a beautiful boy.
When we found homes for Rath and Ara I was quite upset. I didn't really want to get another ferret.
But I missed having 3.
Max took me to the petstore to look around, and I fell in love with a big boy. A pure black ferret, the biggest of the group. Very bouncy, very silly. Just something I felt Nightshade needed after her surgery. Maybe she'd bounce back.

I knew we couldn't get him just yet.
So we saved up and went over to fetch him, but he was gone.
Instead there was one who literally LEPT into my arms when they opened the cage.
He was chocolate in color, and very sweet, he greeted me with licks and plenty of lovings.
He had been transfered from several stores because no one wanted him.
My boyfriend was head over heels with him, but I wasn't that fond of him at first to tell you the truth.
Yet he was quite fond of me.

It took me about a month to truly fall in love with the ferret now named Larkspur. He became very well mannered. Not the trouble maker he was when we first got him.
I was starting to gain interest in taking pictures of ferrets at the time and he was so photogenic! He still is!
He went from a terrible ferret, who tore up the cage, who pooped in the wrong corner, who bit and drew blood to one of the best ones with the litterbox, one of the best ones with nip training and one of the best ones with his new toys.
Every time I acted frusterated with him, he would change his attitude completely for me.
I loved him so much when I saw these changes. I kid you not I did not train him. He just changed.

Then it was time for us to move.

He was so good during the move.

Let's fast forward to now.

he's quite the blessing. No accidents when he's around if he can help it.
One of the best ferrets I've ever owned. :)



((Also seeing the changes in his coat make me SO HAPPY :D))

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Larkspur!

    I didn't know you were on blogger (I'm dime_for_12 over at lj). Hope you don't mind if I follow. It's a cute blog (and ALL your babies are gorgeous :) ).

    ReplyDelete