Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rescues sometimes leads to friends


My favorite re-homing story is right here.




This here is Briar. He was a sweetheart, but very frightened of people.
We worked with him for weeks on end, getting him to eat, getting him litter trained and teaching him that not all humans were bad.
The day he left was very hard on me, because even tho he was a little terror, he was a sweetheart in the end.
Little did I know his new owner called a couple days after taking him home , I was so scared something went wrong. But she was inviting me to bring my fuzzies over for dinner.

We went over and have been going over ever since.

Briar was doing great and still is, he's gaining weight.
He's healthy
He's happy
and
He has two beautiful sisters named Misty and Bandit.
We've been going for over a month and have become very good friends with them.

This precious little girl is Bandit. She is a complete ham. She loves Larkspur more than anything. When we go over she won't leave him alone (lol)
She is a true beauty. Very playful and very loving.
She was bought around Christmas time for the family and was one of the reasons Briar found a new home. They were looking for a ferret to play with her, since their second female was more on the quiet side.

This beautiful ferret is not only the biggest cuddler ever, she's Actinite's little Girlfriend. Like Bandit to Larkspur she won't leave him alone. She loves him and has been starting to play alot.
She's my favorite of Briar's new little group. She's so good.
Misty is a little silver girl with a little bit of a crazy side.
She doesn't like to get dirty, so no dirt for her.
She's so prissy and so beautiful.
<3


I am so thankful to have these ferrets in my life.
I am so thankful to have their owners in my life.
I am so thankful that I run a rescue
If it wasn't for that I would never have met them. :)

<3






1 comment:

  1. I've always been impressed with people who could devote so much love and time and then find a ferret a loving forever home (I think I'd be tempted to keep them all. Bad me). Kudos to you, and that's a very happy ending for Briar!

    ReplyDelete